Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lost Luggage again

Just my luck, I lost my luggage for the second time in my life, both happened in Australia.  This time it happened in Karratha, about 2 hours flight north of Perth, where I take the chopper to offshore rig Ensco 109.  My offshore bag didn't arrive.  And Qantas people seemed to have no idea of whereabout of my luggage.  Tension!!!  Luckily I learned from experience, I brought 2 luggages with me this time, and I put some clothes and toiletries in another bag, which arrived no problem.  At least I dont need to request for toiletries and white T.  It's lucky too as I put my camera bag in this extra luggage i carry this time.  It of course arrived safely.  And, before you go any further, of course lah I have my Canon 7D which I just bought with me all the time, hand carry lah, won't be so stupid to put that piece of expensive 'toy' in check in luggage.  However, all my work PPE are in that offshore bag.  Idea of me be able to sleep in the room with the excuse I cannot work as I dont have my PPE with me, not my faulth, blame it on Qantas popped into my mind immediately.  Hahaha.  But life is not so easy definitely.  The rig site here is kind enough to lend me the full PPE gear, unfortunately. 

Why me, and why always Australia?  I just dont know.  Something good gonna happen to me soon?  Hahaha...

Till about 6pm, the radio room operator hasn't heard anything about my luggage from Qantas mainly because today is Sunday.  Hope there is some good news to cheer up tomorrow morning. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

luckily u get back ur luggage

fr: HPGOH