![]() |
| Perth from Kings Park |
Australia is a country I always wanted to visit. Afterall I've never been to the southern hemisphere before. This dream was completed in October this year, as opportunity just came when our service was needed by one of the clients here. Just a coincident that there wasn't any engineer in town that fit to become the second man. Haha, it's good to be a second man for job. I've no complaint about it. And the service is not my 'frontier' anyway.
Funny stories happened a lot while in Perth. First, for the first time in my life, having been travelling for no less than 50 times in all (i tembak the number only), I have a mishandling of my luggage. My luggage came one day after me. I ended up given a white T-shirt, which I never thought it was a sign.
Second, my colleague and I forgot that it was still Spring in Australia. At least I have a sweater, my friend didn't bring anything at all. Ended up almost frozen on the first night on the street.
Fifth, all my hard earned money from casino disappeared, ya, disappeared, all AUD235.00. I arranged the notes nicely, admired them before putting them inside my wallet after I got back to my hotel room. I still cannot understand how they disappeared on the next morning. I search every inch in the room and my bags, but still nothing. It took me few days before I got over it. Was angry and disappointed. But there isn't anything I could do. So just forget about it.
Third, we met many 'interesting' people on the street and in the train - interesting here means people here just do whatever they like in public.
Forth, there are so many flies, it's just disgusting. Flies are all over everybody's face while walking on the street, even in the city. What impresses me is the people here just wave the flies away. I was trying to kill them all. Hahaha. Now think of it, it's just a waste of energy, there are too many, and they're all super fast. Would be lucky to be able to get one or two.
| Most expensive muffin I ever had, about RM12 |
Fifth, all my hard earned money from casino disappeared, ya, disappeared, all AUD235.00. I arranged the notes nicely, admired them before putting them inside my wallet after I got back to my hotel room. I still cannot understand how they disappeared on the next morning. I search every inch in the room and my bags, but still nothing. It took me few days before I got over it. Was angry and disappointed. But there isn't anything I could do. So just forget about it.
| Famous Freemantle Fish and Chips |
Freemantle |
Sixth, my flight to Karratha had mysteriously been cancelled. Till date nobody knows what happened. Or I would say want to admit they made a mistake. I ended up stayed 3 extra days in Perth and earned half of what I supposed to for that 3 days. Just my luck. Ended up being so poor in Perth, because didn't bring enough Aussie dollar. Made things worse, all my ATM cards didn't work in all the ATM machines in Perth.
This time around, which I just arrived Perth this afternoon (11 Dec 2010) at 3.10pm, something equally interesting happened too. When I checked in hotel, room number is 77. When the receptionist took the key from the 'pigeon' hole, where all the keys are kept, he found 70 cents together with the key. He was puzzled and then gave me that 70 cents. And oh, the first time I stayed in this very hotel, my room number was 43, exactly one floor below where I'm staying right now. 4+3 = 7. What a coincident.
| Room No. 43 |
I really find it interesting to come to Perth, as the surprises never end. And keeps coming. This time around, I sure hope that the number 77 and the 70 cents are good signs.
Ah, I forgot to mention something. I wanted to see Kangaroo, so I went to the Zoo. Didn't manage to go to Coversham, as the car rental was too expensive over the weekend. All the Kangaroos in the zoo were so lazy, all were sleeping. One even slept on its back, stomach facing up :-S... Unbelievable? Believe it...

1 comment:
wa, so fast you're in perth liao ah? you're there for how many days?
good weather??
hm... shall be going there soon...
Post a Comment