It's been a month now that I'm a vegetarian. Yes, vegetarian, but not the 100% vegetarian. Confused? Haha. It means that I still take eggs and garlic but no meat.
So far so good. I'm still alive and kicking and typing and writing a blog about it, which is a good sign. Today, let me share with you my experience being a vegetarian the advantages and the inconveniences I face in my daily life.
Advantages, there are so many.
- Body feels lighter especially less sagging shoulders.
- Digestion system functions more efficient nowadays. Used to get lots of air in the stomach which made me burp all the time, but this problem has since been a lot less lately.
- Skin problem is also much improved now.
- Those who want to slim down, you don't even need to go under any diet program. This is the one for you, being a vegetarian. You'll slim down in no time.
- The 'nature morning call' has been more regular, and it's much smoother now. It's a good body detoxification method.
- Spiritually I'm more at ease because I know I'm not helping in killing animals.
- Feeling a lot calmer now than before. Used to get panic and lost temper more easily.
- It's more economical food, good for my pocket. Vegetables are always cheaper than meat.
- I see a potential business in vegetarian food. Will be in my list of businesses I want to do. Keep the dreams up, never give up.
- I know my whole family keeps my big sister smiling in the far away land. We really miss you big sis.
Inconveniences :-
- Always have the urge to eat because always hungry. But don't worry, you don't eat lots of high calories food, so you won't put on weight.
- It's difficult to find vegetarian food stall. But problem can be solved easily. Just go to the economic rice stall and take non-meat dishes, you'll be alright.
- Less energetic than before. This is because I still have not mastered the art of vegetarian food. At the moment I guess I'm not having good vegetarian diet. I'm sure when I know more about it, I'll be more energetic than before.
- It's not convenient when working on rig offshore. For my work I need more energy. At the moment I do feel I'm not having enough calories intake to replenish the energy I spend.
- Bad breath for the first couple of days, as this is a sign of detoxification. Drink more water and it will go off in couple of days.
- I miss my pork, cha siew, kolo mee, laksa, tomato kuey teow etc... hahaha...
As of now, I like being a vegetarian, even though on the rig you only get to eat tasteless boiled pak choy, baby carrots, broccoli. Monastry Qi Yuan's cook do cook excellent vegetarian food. My Aunt Kiuk Ji also is an excellent vegetarian cook.
However, should I at this point of time be a permanent vegetarian? The verdict is .......... nope... not yet... I still love my food especially pork. I still do want to up my body weight to 68-70kg and build some more muscles and improve my stamina to be healthier in life. I will certainly do cut down on meat for sure from now on. I'm not so much of a meat eater to begin with anyway. Be a full time vegetarian, not now, few years down the road maybe, when I learn the tricks about vegetarian diets.
3 comments:
no need to be hardcore vegetarian la... in the end, as long as it's beneficial to your body, and you're happy everytime eating your meal...
i mean, of course, to be vegetarian's all the good points, as you said.. but then, no need to forfeit all the "good" porky stuff, like "char siew", or "siew yoke", haha!!! these things, must be in porky...
anyway, on top of whatever you're saying,
hehe...
eating vegetable's so easy to prepare and cook, that's what i do everyday, meat's for soup, and that's all you can find, the rest's vege... good huh?
and in a way, more economical...
no need to think big big picture (though deep down, we're doing our wee bit to help the planet earth and our own body) but seriously, it's so convenient...
you come to my place la...
you'll see it's "healthy", wa haha!!
i pride myself in that...
less salt too...
though, i haven't now lost all the weight and fat...
eh, no "energy"? try some nuts???
actually on the rig, if the cook pasta can ma...
i can eat pasta with pesto everyday...
feel happy, and yummy...
wah since when you are eating so healthy... ya must visit you one day, so many years didn't meet you and family...
I thot of being vegetarian before, but i know it won't work on me..
Few years back when i saw one Cd abt killing animal to get the meat. I din eat meat for a week.But after that i went to china, all meat, so i also forget abt the vegetable..
Bt recently i try eat more vege and use good oil to cook, i find elken cooking oil is very good.
at least i dun feel tired after use that oil....u can try
Post a Comment