Over the years, I noticed one thing that grows fast in KL. The number of vehicles on KL and PJ roads are increasing terribly fast. Most of the KL major roads have heavy traffic irrespective to the hour of the day nowadays.
I read on the newspaper yesterday, that the sales of vehicles in Malaysia has increased by 11.8% for private owned vehicles in 2010 in comparison to 2009. The current trend will most likely continue over the next 5 years, at least.
If the current trend continues, in 5 years time KL may turn into an unliveable city, for me at least. Not to mention other cost involved, the traffic jam alone will be enough to drive the drivers insane. For those who have been to Jakarta or Mumbai will know what I mean. A short 2 km journey will take about 2 hours. Imagine, those who stay in Shah Alam and work in KLCC. At what time they will reach home to their family? Will there be any quality family time? Do parents spend enough time with their children, show them love and educate them properly? The monthly expenses (at least for petrol and toll fees) will increase, so money will be a headache issue.
There are many more underlying issues we can relate to this issue. It is quite scary to think of them. I am not sure if the government sees this upcoming challenges or they are still busy 'stabbing' each other. Or maybe instead of comparing Malaysia economic status with Singapore, the government prefers to compare with Myanmar nowadays? We're still much better than Myanmar as they say. Malaysia is just too corrupted and underdeveloped. Not to mention about race issue the politics use as political issue, no proper education system set up after 53 years of independent, etc etc etc etc... the list goes on and on...
My conclusion is, KL is definitely not a place for me. Malaysia? I have been considering the possibility of migrating to a better place, don't know where yet. At the moment, I just feel that Malaysia, other than it is spared from natural disaster, is not really a very good place for me and a place to raise my children. Or maybe I'll join in the political games for the betterment of the society? hahahaha... Dreaming. Don't think I can last one day dealing with cunning wolves.
Well, will see what the future holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment