Been travelling a lot lately. Returned to KL from offshore, rested for one day, the following day when to KSB for 2 days, came to Labuan the very next day. Didn't really have any rest. Good thing was that managed to catch up with KL old friends in badminton session before coming to Labuan. Also travelled in business class from KL to Labuan, which I only knew when I checked in. I thought to myself, my goodness, luckily I chose to wear jeans instead of the normal short I always wear that day. Haha. Had good rest with good seat and the stewardess gave good service.
Came to Labuan to stand in for the warehouse supervisor here. He'll be going off to year end holiday till next year. Handover was only for few hours, I hope I captured everything that I needed to do during my stay here.
Work has been interesting. Knowing that I'm improving bit by bit everyday is satisfying. Hope will be given my lead assignment soon. If things go as per plan, I hope to be working out of Malaysia soon. If possible I would hope to land a new benefits to be based out of Malaysia, I have no intention at all to pay income tax anymore. It's just a waste of my money to pay income tax to this rotten and selfish government.
Finally I have the chance to stay in Hotel Pulau Labuan 2. Have been hearing about it for so many years. This is 'THE' hotel for BJ Services. Now I know what it is like. Haha. I stay in Deluxe VIP room, which costs RM138 per night, still much cheaper than Hotel Tiara Labuan Apartment which we normally stay that costs RM270 per night. Seems like the hotel business picks up during the end of the year. Many hotels are fully booked till end of the year. Luckily Deluxe VIP room is available for at least one whole week i.e. I don't need to move around like a normad.
There are few things that Pulau Labuan 2 could do better.
1. build a lift.
2. use different detergent, the entire hotel has a cheap detergent smell (maybe it's just me only).
3. housekeeping should collect laundry from room (now guests have to take own laundry down to reception at lobby - walk, no lift).
4. improve the wi-fi service. It's accessible at lobby and maybe first floor. I'm staying at second floor, so no wi-fi loh.
This is good for me, as I'm gaining knowledge in hotel business. I still hope one day my dream of owning a hotel will come true ;-)
Another good things about this job is that I could rent car on company expense. So far I've driven Nissan X-Trail, Nissan Sentral, Toyota Vios, Honda City and Daewoo. Tomorrow car rental guy will deliver a new Honday Civic to replace the Honda City that I'm driving. Hahaha.
Life has been intriguing and inspiring. No more routine. Now always expect the unexpected. Nothing is permanent.
No comments:
Post a Comment