It's been a while since I last wrote here. Always have lots of ideas, the only challenge is to put them into words... there are few articles which I didn't finish writting them hahaha...
anyway, I'm now onboard Ensco 106, offshore Terengganu / Kelantan, if i'm not mistaken, I'm very near to Thailand water now... the weather has not been friendly to us since I came onboard... heavy rain, strong wind... well, it's year end, and people called it Monsoon Season... the highest wind speed recorded this morning was 83 knot, which is just little less than 95 m/hr. About an hour ago, it was announced that the wind speed was 63 knot, which is about 72 m/hr. Sounds scary heh...
I'm quite excited about this bad weather actually... first of all, this is my first time experiencing this kind of strong wind...
secondly, I really like to see the big waves gently dancing below my feet...
thirdly, I like to see rain drops dropping horizontally instead of what we see in town with gravity effect, vertically...
forthly, it feels nice, cozy and SAFE to be staying inside this firm and strong accommodation here with the sense of feeling lucky that I dont need to be working outside and not exposed to this kind of rough condition all the time...
fifth, internet connection and phone services are still working fine, we're still connected to civilization, hahaha...
sixth, this quiet period gives me time to 'defrag' my brains... there are so much happening the past few months, and I dont really have the luxury to absorb what had happened... I'm having clearer vision of my future and things I want to do and achieve, at least in the short term future... hopefully, fingers crossed...
afterall, I feel like the luckiest person on earth... because no matter what happens out there, I'm still breathing and kicking... I'm still alive... all my prayers go to my family, especially my eldest sister... O Mi Tuo Fo...
Note (23 Nov 09): 1 knot = 1.151 m/hr ; 1.852 km/hr... I used wrong conversion yesterday... that's why wind speed written yesterday was 140 m/hr, faster than hurrican that hit Philipines... hahahaaha...
2 comments:
you should be glad that you're still surviving, life's amazing :)
no seasick vomit vomit ah?
this is a jackup rig, no rolling rolling here... so no vomit vomit... luckily... hahaha...
Post a Comment