Wind speed of 50 knot and heavy rains in the middle of the ocean, bye bye, see you later... When the chopper took off at 10.20am today, I know I'm gonna miss all those crazy things that happened there... how could I not? I feel so very close to the nature out there than in the concrete jungle, of course...
When chopper landed at Kerteh airport, I surprised even myself... I didn't have any excitement or feeling extra happy for being back on mainland... I wonder why... well, perhaps I have always been the nature loving person... I love the sea, I love wind (movement of the air), I love rain, and I guess most importantly, life is so much less stressful out there than in town... I had such a clear and calm mind...
So civilization? what is it about to be precise? is it called civilization because of all the fancy technology that we have in this modern days? Or we human have lost the natural instinct and become too dependable to all the modern gadgets? Some places in this world people / politicians misuse these gadgets hence created chaos / wars for their own benefits / hobbies or whatever reasons... Have human beings actually been advancing in the right direction?
Whenever I'm back home in Sarawak, I see the tribal natives who still live in the remote villages and maintain their way of living since, god knows how long ago. I thought to myself: to them, is civilization important? without any knowledge of what's happening outside of their world, they do live happily and enjoying life perhaps much more than anyone of us... Not only in my hometown, this happens to those less developed areas in countries like Cambodia, Thailand, China and I noticed that this also applies in the US as well when I spent 6 months there for my work training...
Well, civilization, is it really important? hmmm, hard to say... all depends on our own perception of life I guess... hahahaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment