I remember it was in 1997. I was studying in London, staying in a pathetic shared room with my roommate in an attic in the old London residential building. Now thinking back, life was actually quite tough then, but I guess we all toughed it out successfully.
There was one memorable day, and of course I wouldn't remember which date it was, I received a parcel from my beloved sisters. It was a CD with CHINESE songs. Hahaha. At last I have something so closely related to my ROOT in a foreign land. I played that CD many many times, over and over again, and in my heart, I'm always thankful for my sisters thoughtful gift.
When I graduated and moved back to Malaysia for good, I lost my CD box. I had so many great CDs there but too bad. In life, we would gain some and lost some. The great CHINESE CD, a great gift from my sisters was also gone now. After so many years, I can hardly remember songs in the CD. However, there is one song that I still remember vividly. It is a Hokkien song, I actually didn't really understand the lyrics. Ironically, that's the only song I remember. The performance of the singer touched my heart for as long as it can be.
Just yesterday, I found this song on Youtube. Listening to it again after so many years, it touches me even more. I guess it is because of my life experiences, all the ups and downs I have gone through. It brings tears to many people.
I believe musics and lives are always closely linked. We can learn a lot from music about life. So, enjoy this great song. Listen it with your heart.
There was one memorable day, and of course I wouldn't remember which date it was, I received a parcel from my beloved sisters. It was a CD with CHINESE songs. Hahaha. At last I have something so closely related to my ROOT in a foreign land. I played that CD many many times, over and over again, and in my heart, I'm always thankful for my sisters thoughtful gift.
When I graduated and moved back to Malaysia for good, I lost my CD box. I had so many great CDs there but too bad. In life, we would gain some and lost some. The great CHINESE CD, a great gift from my sisters was also gone now. After so many years, I can hardly remember songs in the CD. However, there is one song that I still remember vividly. It is a Hokkien song, I actually didn't really understand the lyrics. Ironically, that's the only song I remember. The performance of the singer touched my heart for as long as it can be.
Just yesterday, I found this song on Youtube. Listening to it again after so many years, it touches me even more. I guess it is because of my life experiences, all the ups and downs I have gone through. It brings tears to many people.
I believe musics and lives are always closely linked. We can learn a lot from music about life. So, enjoy this great song. Listen it with your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment