Saturday, August 16, 2008

Malaysia Politics

It's funny to find that I'm actually sitting in front of the laptop writing something about politics. It's unreal. All my life I've never been interested in anything about politics. Perhaps to me politics is just a kid monopoly game that real adults play which involved everyone in the world, whether we like it or not.

This morning was reading The Sun. When I turned to second page, it was all about the Battle For Permatang Pauh between Datuk Arif Shah Omar Shah and Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Funny thing is that the introduction of these two 'giants' is first, Name, second, Age, then third, Marital Status... I couldn't stop wondering why Marital Status is so important that it can make it to the top three here. I wouldn't know what would be the appropriate data to be shown here (maybe the current position they're holding???), but Marital Status? come on... Perhaps they could think of 'Gender' in the future... hahahaha...

Another question arise. What happens is that Anwar Ibrahim's wife wants to give up her seat and gives it to her husband. Why an election is needed?

I'm saying this because I don't really understand the rules here. You see, after the election in March, some parties which have won could switch the parties they represented to the opposition parties. They were voted winners by the people. If they want to switch parties, there should be another election to be held so that people's opinion can be valued. They need to seek approval from the people if they can switch or not, agree? If they can switch parties just like that, then what's the election for? As one of the people, I feel I have been cheated by the so-called Democracy in Malaysia and roped off the right I have as a citizen.

One of my colleagues asked an excellent question. She asked, if Prime Minister's position can be passed on just like that i.e. without the needs of voting, then what's the big deal about this Permatang Pauh parliamentary seat? Agree? Argument anyone?

I have been following the current news of Malaysia and the world more than ever this year. The more I read, the more I learned. Politics, it is an interesting game. But the politicians have to hold their hearts and ask themselves honestly, what do they want out of this game. Is it money? Fame? Power? or they really want to do something good to their people? After all, without people they're nobody. Till now, my conclusion about Malaysian politicians are generally a bunch of no brainer and selfish adults play a fool among themselves and along the way they want to get as much as possible to fulfill their greediness. To them, who are 'people'? That's what I think. Well, can't deny that there are some good bunch out there though. But for the not so good bunch, one day nature will give them back what they deserve ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when the leaders are a bunch of people, whose brain is small as pea, and heartless
or whose brain is so corrupted which is nothing worth as good as shit
but yet these people still think they're smart and great

the worst thing that can happen to any human is that
they're STUPID enough to think that the others are stupider than them
or they're just too evil enough to think that they're greater than the great people in the history
these people are simply sick

like batman
they deserve to go to arckham but they're still around to make such a show to people...
i'm not too worried
their time will come

Leo B said...

Politics in Malaysia is all about money. People here don't become politicians to serve the rakyat because they put themselves, their religion and race before anything else. Malaysian politicians unfortunately lack the political maturity like other countries. Even as the rakyat now are more intelligent, our politicians unfortunately remain imbeciles and oblivious to everything around them.

Anonymous said...

erm...funny ha..well,politics here had become like mexican telemovie..never ending..we are the spectators..watching and critising..yet got no power to change the plot..it becomes so messy until no one what is it all about...greediness? money? title? power? or just a game to keep their life interesting..to continue their job scope? hahah...

KC Liew said...

This anonymous is Mala :-)