Friday, July 11, 2008

how i started this blog

it's an interesting process of finding the right name for my blog...

I've got interest in blogging since errr, few years ago... however, I didn't try hard enough to start it, as I'm a little 'retard' in internet things then... and another reason of this delay is finding a satisfactory name for it... as years gone by, the interest of blogging kinda derailed too...

recently a friend, Leo, has started his own blog... by reading his blogs, i found my own interest again... a lot of times we don't talk to our friends (best friends, good friends, normal friends bla bla bla) what's in our mind due to busy schedule lah, don't meet too often lah and all other excuses... with blogging we keep ourselves updated with what's happening in our lives... I think blogs actually improves relationships with friends and even family members...

Another friend, Choong, also has been blogging for quite sometimes, but I never bothered to login to Multiply.com caused I always forget my ID and passwords to this site... normally she would be too busy to answer my message as she's very focused in her work but
few weeks ago i managed to chat online with her... she told me that she bought a domain... hmm, quite interesting... and she asked me to read her blog in multiply.com, it's about her story in her office...

well, i thought maybe this is the best way to keep in touch with friends, at the same time we can write our thoughts down, at the end of the day it's like the dairy of our live... one day when we look back, we can laugh at the good and bad times...

so the task now is to choose the name of the blog... i'm a bit 'sien' (bored) with naming IDs after my own name, for example KCLiew, kcl, liew kc bla bla bla... even the look of it is kinda boring... hahaha... after all, i've been carrying and using these names for 33 years now... need a refresher... First Choong suggested to use my name, of course that didn't work... so she suggested to use terms used in Oil and Gas Industry, errrr, I left University almost 10 years now, and whatever I learned I obviously keep them in the deepest part of my brain, can't retrieve anymore, hahaha... she suggested few, couldnt' remember what she suggested now, but I came up with Cretateous, Jurrasic etc... didn't really like them as well...

after few weeks she again asked me if I've got a name for my blog... obviously not yet... this time she came up with the name alluvial... geology term... i thought maybe I would
attract bunch of geologists / archaeologists... and then all of the sudden she was talking about 'Chixiclub' (i dont know if i spell it correctly). Apparently this is the meteor site in Mexico and her beloved professor from Imperial College, Mike Warner was doing some project on this and named it 'Project Muse'... So from then on she suggested www.muse.blogspot.com, i-muse, muse-i... the first two were taken already, and the latter one was still available... so she asked me to book it straight away... a frequent Internet user, she knows that it's a nice name and would be taken up fairly quickly... well, i kinda like the name, and she pushed me hard to book it, so hahaha, here it is my blog's URL... www.muse-i.blogspot.com :-)

from this blog i can see clearly that i have problem expressing my thoughts into words... especially when i didn't have inspiration, guess i'm not alone in this problem ;-)... well, i always have this problem - couldn't express myself very well hahaha... this blog will record and be the proof of my improvement in overcoming this matter... one day when i look back and read this blog, i'm sure i'll laugh at myself hahahahahahaha :-))



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, finally you wrote some 像樣blog :)
anyway, ya, you've gotta decide, what type of blog your blog will be categorized as :) or mixture, but then, it's buy doing the tag, do put the 'tag' in :)
it'll automatically help u to categorize, then, you can blog about work, life, trip, thoughts, jokes, entertainment, review, and so on :)

told you, if you dun want, i'll want to take the name :) hehehehe

Anonymous said...

haha, when you read back, not sure you'll laugh or you'll be like me... i am normally impressed by myself, "wah, i actually wrote it this way, i actually thought like this"...

try it...