Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gardening, Farming & Why?

When I bought my house in Miri, the criteria was that it has to have a big empty land, so that my parents and I can do some gardening work.  On top of that, I plan was to plant some vegetables for own consumption instead of buying vegetables full of pesticides / herbicides.

I still have a vivid memory of using all the tools such as hoe (锄头) for farming and plantation.  I'm from a farming background back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Little do I realise that it's been about 20 years since the last time I did farming.  It just feel like it was yesterday.  When I picked up those tools, I felt like I was handling them with my legs.  I didn't feel comfortable using them anymore.  Well, at the beginning of course.  It brings back such great memories though.

Time flies.  We had a great time back then.  We were a happy family even though we were poor.  Now, I have 2 less sisters.  I really miss them very much.  Such a tragic that I still cannot believe it actually happened to nicest people like my 2 sisters.  

That brings another questions.  What's the purpose of living?  Why do we have to live through all the pain?  

Tell me, wise people who read this article, please !!! 

No comments: