Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Laptop Lost Mysteriously

It's been a long time since I last updated my blog.  It's been a while loh... I was in Tianjin, China closed to 5 weeks.  You know in China, many websites are blocked, blogspot is one of them.  I actually wrote one article while I was there, waiting to come back to Malaysia to upload it. 

On 23 July 2011, while I was at the departure hall at LCCT waiting for my flight back to Kuching for one week vacation, I took out my laptop to surf internet.  That's what modern people do, surf internet.  When finished, I remembered I put the laptop inside my laptop bag.  I didn't leave the bag out of sight for one second at the departure hall.  

Inside the aircraft, I put my camera bag and laptop bag on the overhead compartment, as usual.  I fell asleep, as I have done this many many times already.  Arrived in Kuching, arrived home, I didn't take out my laptop as I didn't not need to use it.  Never thought that when I opened my bag, I nearly got a heart attack.  

Next morning when I opened my laptop bag, my heart sank.  My beloved laptop, with all my personal documents, which I haven't copied them into my external hard disk, has disappeared.  It was not in the laptop compartment of the laptop bag.  Goodness.  

Nervous, I called LCCT.  No laptop at lost and found.  I never expected to find it there, but just need to make sure.  LCCT lady suggested to report to LCCT police.  I called, LCCT police suggested to go to the nearest police station to report.  I missed my Big Sister.  I wished my big sister is around.  Not that she's police women, but when she's around, I feel that no matter what happened, I am safe.  This is what she's to me, such a big figure in my life.

Reported to police, called office.  As long as I did my part.  CYA as quoted in the modern term.  

That's how I lost my laptop.  To date I'm still blur with the idea that I actually lost it between LCCT and Kuching house.  It's an X-file case.  

Now I have to re-create all my house loan spreadsheets, my account spreadsheet, my blog article etc all over again.  The thought of it drains out my energy.  However, believe this, new and improved version of things will be created once the old ones are gone.  I look forward to improve things I have done. 

1 comment:

CH@@NG said...

aiyo, scary!!!!
you sure you didn't loose it in the plane??
of all, maybe the things inside is very valuable, but i thought the cameras and things are even more valuable...

i hate the idea that, people maybe now fondling my belongings... arrgh...

good luck!